Adelaide City Council is trialing motorcycle and scooter parking on designated footpath areas to cater for existing parking demand, and to also encourage more people to come into the city by motorcycles and scooters. The following 5 locations have been selected:
• Victoria Square / Tarntanyangga (north-west corner)
• Light Square / Wauwi (western side, just south of Currie Street)
• Hindmarsh Square / Makata (eastern side, between Grenfell and Pirie streets)
• Grote Street (between the Central Bus Station and Bowen Street)
• Wakefield Street (east of Victoria Square).
An evaluation of the trial will be undertaken in late 2016 to assist in determining the success of the trial.
In addition within the city there are over 1,000 free on-street parking spaces designated specifically for motorcycles. The majority of these parking spaces are available all day.
To find out more please go to:http://www.adelaidecitycouncil.com/explore-the-city/city-travelling-transport/parking/motorcycle-parking